DIY guide to install new Door Knob / Lever lock
- Unscrew the 2 screws from the lock rose.
- Identify if your door lock backset is 2 3/8″ or 2 3/4″. this measurement from the edge of your door to the center of the knob hole.
- Adjust the latch backset to the correct setting.
- Insert the latch into the hole in your door. One side of the latch bolt will be beveled while the other side will be flat. Insert the latch so that the beveled side is facing the door frame.
- Screw in the latch.
- Insert the outside part of your new lock into the hole.
- Insert the inside knob / lever of your new lock, you might need to turn the lock until it fine the correct position to match with the outside part.
- Align the screw holes of both outside and inside knobs.
- screw in the screws on both side.
- place the metal plate on the door frame.
Your new lock is ready to use, please try all function of the lock while the door remain open, so you can fix any issue if occur without getting lockout in/out the door.
OnlineLocksmith sell locks, keys and other security related products and customer goods. We will be happy to help you with any question, need or concern relate to our products.
In no event shall our company be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special consequential damages, to property or life, whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of the products we sell.